Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mt. Shasta Has It All

In the previous segment, I said I would speak of Mt. Shasta and my experience there. I decided to simply give you the site address so you could read it for yourself. It happened many years ago but there are parts of it that have remained crystal clear in my mind. I still have dreams of it and every once in awhile Mikel shows up to bolster my spirits and on his last visit he informed me that even though I am nowhere close to being in the physical area where my heart longs to be, the day is near that someone will appear and enable me to make the move that takes me and mine there. Hallelujah!!

http://www.greatdreams.com/shasta.htm

This evening I want to talk about losing one's spiritual path and putting hard gained knowledge on a back burner. I allowed this to happen to me but I am unclear as to how or why. I do know the lack of spirituality in my life these past 8 years has left me parched and totally out of sorts with my world.

Although I am a Reiki Master, have worked for years in spiritual healing circles, have counseled many as an ordained minister and taught many subjects including meditation, the past 8 years have afforded little, if any, contact with anyone who would/could participate with me in any of these spiritual endeavors.

Roswell has, at my last count, over 100 churches. Lots of churchgoers and witnesses, (don't misunderstand...I was raised a Christian and still think of myself as one) a number of whom, when asked if they have meditated on a problem or situation, have indignantly informed me, as they stepped away, that they don't meditate. When asked why, the answer was always "because I am a Christian". That is the general attitude you find in Roswell.

I have tried to determine if there is a karmic reason or debt involved with my coming to Roswell but haven't been able to point my finger at anyone or anything and say "aha! that's the reason". Very frustrating. I can't recite one piece of knowledge or wisdom that has come my way nor can I relate an experience of any import. (Am I hearing a little "poor me" here? lol)

I had a brief few hours of spiritual contact when my friend, Sandy Penny, visited me on her way to Taos. That has been a while ago but I have been able to keep in touch with her and her insights have brightened my days and lifted my heart on many occasions. When I hear from her and several of my other friends from Houston, I am comforted to know that the light workers are still around and doing their job.

Thankfully my spiritual and mystical energies are beginning to resurface and are nudging me to get my head out of the sand (lots of that around here) and get on with the work. I am finding it easier to get into a frame of mind where I can dispel the negativity of those around me. Lots of drinking and fighting goes on in my neighborhood, unrest and distrust in the workplace, etc., etc., etc.

Now my goal is to find some good meditation music, some quiet time and a reunion with my guides and teachers. I think my totem animal guide (big beautiful wolf who first appeared to me in 1982) has been trying to get to me. For the past several weeks the neighbor's new little puppy gets out of their yard (which is really no surprise...they need to fix their fences and gate) and he heads straight for my house. I find I feel very protective of the little guy. I put him in my yard and he stays there until his owners come home from work. They pick him up and take him home and by morning he is back at my house. Every once in a while I see my wolf in his little eyes. Just for a moment...but he is there. Wow!!! I am blessed.

If any of you have any thoughts on anything that has been said...I would appreciate hearing them. If you would like to join me in a weekly at-distant healing circle, I would love to set one up.

Till we talk again...have some beautiful dreams, look for four leaf clovers, sing in the shower and be at peace. Everyone and everything around you will benefit. The ripple effect will be felt around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment