Sunday, March 15, 2009

Me and Squeaky

Squeaky is one of my many cats. She is white, brown, black and orange and weights around 15 lbs. Squeaky has had more than her share of visits to the vet and the last time she was there he put her on Phenobarb. I told him she had never had a seizure or anything similar. His reply was that after the many tests they had conducted on her there was no indication of a physical problem with her. He said some cats are self-destructive, for lack of a better description, and phenobarb was sometimes prescribed for such behavior. So...I gave her the phenobarb for a few days but my feelings about prescribed drugs finally wouldn't let me open the bottle one more time. I discontinued dosing her and, instead, started spending time with her whenever I could. She is a talker but whenever I could get a word in, I would tell her how much I loved her and how really wonderful she is. Now, several weeks later, her face and body are healing from all the scratching, her hair is starting to grow long again and she looks much better. Of course, she still talks constantly when I hold her but it is in a softer voice. Just goes to show that animals, like people, need to hear love and be assured they are loved and needed.

This will not be an ongoing saga about Squeaky...but the message I got from the incident was loud and clear and I wanted to share it. The television now gets turned off except for a few special programs and news casts, the land phone is turned off and the answering machine picks up messages which are checked daily, the cell phone is turned off for together and meditation time. I am no longer bombarded by the electrical current created by these items. I have found there is time for sharing my energies with human and beast, researching current events and being able to look at what is transpiring in this present day world of ours instead of listening to all the media hype which may or may not be truth.

Let me hear how you are coping with situations and events around you. If you want to talk metaphysics, healing...whatever...lets talk.

2 comments:

  1. 4 Squeaks for Squeaky. Keep it up. Love reading your writing online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drumming my fingers. Waiting for an update. Write, write, write. Hear that whip cracking?

    ReplyDelete