Monday, May 25, 2009

You Have To Buy A Ticket

The sad news is...I didn't win the lotto power ball Saturday night. The good news is...I have another chance. While it probably isn't in the cards for me to possess such a great fortune, as Yogananda told one of his disciples..."You can't win if you don't buy a ticket." Thusly, I will certainly buy another ticket.

With those words dancing around in my head, the phrase "lotto ticket for your future" crossed my mind. I fleetingly wondered what the odds of finding such an item would be and if it existed, where and how it could be obtained and what exactly the payoff would be. Would it be available through a vender on a street corner hawking the tickets? Through Visualization? Affirmations? Prayer? Hard work? No work all play? Doing good deeds? Doing nothing? Perhaps a combination of all the aforementioned practices? I wondered if I would jump at the chance to possess one and, after careful consideration, decided that since I wasn't sure what the payoff would be and that the odds of winning such a lotto were undoubtedly very high that, as a true Capricorn, I had lost interest in acquiring one.

The ability of the mind to jump from subject to subject in a nanosecond is awesome. I guess, at this point, I am wondering where the phrase originated and why it was out there for me to grab.

I have heard it said "we are caught up in doing rather than being , in action rather than awareness". Could we construe that to mean we should sit still, be quiet, open up for communication with our higher selves? To ponder and explore the "depth of knowing" available from Universal Intelligence? To redefine our desires and goals so that we more clearly understand them, for only in true understanding can we accomplish them?

My friend, Samuel, who used to give messages through me at Spiritual Horizons in Houston, once told me, when I was particularly out of sorts and sorry for myself, to "get over yourself and get on with living". Once again I am out of sorts and feeling sorry for myself and frustrated at my inability to manifest my heart's desire. There is so much to do in this messed up world of ours that I am questioning if I should consider putting my dreams on hold (I am really fretting about not fulfilling them, not being able to quit my job, not moving from Roswell, etc.) and to start working on a level and in a realm that has the possibility of bringing forth some positive results for all. To trust that Roswell is the right place for me to be and this is the right time for me to be here. Can I exert enough influence by myself to do any good? Perhaps some, but once again I feel that a cohesive group energy is needed to put forth the type of energy needed to effect change.

As Light Workers, Healers, and Spiritual Beings, it would behoove us to take a concerted look at what may be coming down the road for all of us. Preparations need to be made, thought processes cleaned up and focused, and negativity banished from our individual and group surroundings. There is nothing heading our way that we can't overcome if that is what we are determined and led to do. We just need to remain aware of the energies present in all areas of our lives. (Getting a little preachy here, am I?)

If any of you happen to find a source for a "lotto ticket for your future" let me know. For myself, I am off to buy my winning lotto powerball ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment